The first Citroën with 6 cylinders, the C6 is presented as ...
The beautiful motor, driven in Yellow earth
The first Citroën with 6 cylinders, the C6 is presented as the luxury version of the C4 (4 cylinders) launched in 1928. Almost twin sisters from the similar styling, they stand out for their bonnet length and accessories. The accessories are more high end on the C6, intended for affluent customers.
1929 brought a series of variants. First the C6 E which gave way to the C6 F. This half-track version entered posterity by completing the famous "Croisière Jaune", from April 1931 to March 1932. The final link in the chain, the C6G MFP adopted "Floating Power" at end of 1931 with a higher capacity and smarter equipment. One year later, C4 and C6 gave way to the Rosalies and the C6 passed on the legacy of luxury to the Citroën Rosalie 15.